Monday 30 April 2012

Plushie Madness

Whoever invented craft felt is a genius, or at the very least, a joy-giver.

Just cruising about the net I stumbled on a Free My Little Pony FIM Style Plushie Pattern. Now anyone that is close to me knows that I totally heart that animation, but I don't think I could ever do justice to the series by trying to replicate a character (despite the official merchandise not always being accurate, I just prefer to support them by buying not making!).

However, I have enjoyed adapting the pattern to make my own unicorns and deers, to try and sell. I already have this pair up for sale:
Meet Farfire and Tide, a unicorn couple standing about 10cms high, not including horns. I've also made a pink pegasus for my mother, and I have a stag and doe pair ready to be photographed and put up for sale :) I know I'm just riding the high of accomplishing something that is actually relatively small in the scheme of things but I still feel proud of my efforts...

Now that I'm more confident with felt, I'm definitely going to try and make some patterns from scratch! Should help with the insomnia :S

No comments:

Post a Comment