Tuesday 12 June 2012

Purchases And Modelling Clay!

Well I have been very fortunate in that another person has bought an item from me, this time a set of bracelets (the first set to go!). That makes a total of four purchases from my shop since September :) Now that may not sound like alot but I'm hoping that these purchases now will set me up with some good feedback for the future.

In other news, I couldn't sign up for a fresh account at Den of Angels as it has gone to invite only, and no multiple accounts are allowed. As my old sign in name is linked to other projects, I don't really want to cross over my LilaRedFox name so I won't be advertising there after all! Having said that it is still a wealth of information, and an amazing site to just oggle at in jealousy :D

Still no news on the job front :( But I'm going to follow up with a couple of them next Monday to see where I stand before probably moving on again. It's difficult not only because everyone has tightened their belts, but also because of my age (26) I am seen as a risky bet for part-time employment as I could leave quickly to move on to full time work. I understand this and yet I still get offended that I'm 'too old'! So there is very little coming my way... :( Still, I'm trying to keep my spirits up, and atleast my mum still finds me useful.

She actually treated me to a big block of Sculpey White Oven-Bake clay recently :) Which has led to the making of a miniature llama, bear, arctic fox and cub, a hedgehog and two hoglets, a penguin and his egg, two cats and another on the way! I've also just modeled up a chicken and set of eggs, and want to do a whole series of them. I have most of these painting, with accessories XD but I'm waiting for my varnish to arrive before I can seal them, take photos and put them up for sale. I want it to be like the Animal Adoption side of my shop!

It's been really challenging working with clay, but soooo much fun! I thought making little felt animals was good, but clay miniatures are where it's at people! Lol. There are so many artists on Etsy that already do these types of things, but I don't think it should ever put off other crafters who want to give it a try. You just have to think up some original ideas and get to it! Having said that, when I'm molding the clay by hand, it's usually when I've finished chores and I'm just slumped in front of the tv not really thinking about things- relaxing! I'm lucky that I live in a good environment where my family are supportive of my hobbies, and even encourage me to create more. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment